#58135 (In Topic #56549)
RFID (radio frequency identification), or radio frequency identification, is an automatic identification technology rising in the 1990s. A typical RFID system is composed of three parts: RFID tag, reader and antenna. It is a comprehensive technology integrating coding, carrier, recognition, communication and other technologies. Its main principle is to use radio waves to read, write and recognize a marking medium. Non contact is its obvious feature. In practical application, the small rfid reader/writer card reader writes the data in a specific format into the RFID tag, and then attaches the tag to the surface of the object to be identified. The reader / writer can also read and recognize the electronic data stored in the electronic tag without contact, so as to realize the functions of long-distance, contactless collection and wireless transmission of object recognition information.
Advantages of RFID technology in asset management
1. Non contact data acquisition. RFID technology has greatly enhanced the ability of managers to collect, exchange and track the information of medical items in the reservoir area. The manager does not need to go to the device, just pass the RFID tag file or device in front of the reader or click the system menu, and then the specific name, quantity, summary and other information of the device can be displayed on the computer screen, which reduces the operation links of the manager and improves the operation efficiency, thus helping the manager to implement the dynamic management of inventory documents.
2. Fast scanning and large amount of one-time data processing. RFID readers and writers can quickly read many related data information from multiple RF tags at the same time, including location information, file or device content summary information. For example, some small rfid reader/writer usb can read the data of 200 tags per second, which is more than 100 times faster than the traditional scanning method.
3. The label has large information capacity, long service life and can be reused. Compared with traditional barcode, magnetic card and other data storage media, the amount of data that RFID tags can store is greatly increased, up to 1K or even greater capacity; The content of the label can be rewritten repeatedly without damaging the function of the label, so that the label can be reused.
4. High safety. The data access of the label has password protection, and the identification code is unique and cannot be copied. This highly secure protection measure makes the data on the label not easy to be forged and tampered with.
5. It has strong anti pollution performance and durability. The carrier of traditional barcode is paper, so it is easy to be polluted, but RFID has strong resistance to substances such as water, oil and chemicals. In addition, because the barcode is attached to the plastic bag or outer packaging carton, it is particularly vulnerable to damage; RFID volume label stores data in the chip, so it can be free from contamination.
6. With small size and diversified shapes, RFID is not limited by size and shape in reading, and it does not need to match the fixed size and printing quality of paper for reading accuracy. In addition, RFID tags can be miniaturized and diversified to apply to different document management. For the specific anti metal label of equipment management, it will not be affected if it is pasted on metal substances.
7. It can be reused. Today's bar codes cannot be changed after printing. RFID tags can repeatedly add, modify and delete the data stored in RFID labels to facilitate the update of information.
8. Penetrating and barrier free reading. When covered, RFID can penetrate non-metallic or non transparent materials such as paper, wood and plastic, and can conduct penetrating communication. The bar code scanner can read bar codes only when it is close and there is no object blocking it
RFID asset management system architecture
The system structure mainly includes three parts: server, RFID acquisition system and electronic tag.
1. The server carries the whole application software system, including application server and database server.
2. RFID acquisition system is composed of usb rfid reader writer and RFID locator, which are deployed on each floor and key areas.
3. Electronic tags, namely RFID tags, with built-in hid access control cards, can be customized as special-shaped tags.
The communication mode of the whole system is: tcp/ip protocol is used between the server and RFID acquisition system, and the existing LAN communication is used.
Radio frequency communication is adopted between RFID acquisition system and electronic tag. Radio frequency communication has its own encryption mechanism. Without this decryption device, it is impossible to decipher the data, and there is no need to worry about the risk of data leakage or data being deciphered.
RFID asset management system objectives, characteristics, requirements
Through the location data collection of medical assets and the collection of various basic parameters within the signal range, it brings users:
Accurately grasp the status of all medical assets and eliminate unknown assets;
Improve resource utilization: equipment utilization and equipment allocation;
Greatly reduce the work of the staff, liberate the staff from the tedious inventory, copying data, etc., so that the valuable time can be invested in more effective work.
OPRFID Technology Online Website:
More RFID Technology Articles:
More RFID Technology Articles: