Dr. Aditi Das, Ph.D
Assistant Professor, Department of Comparative Biosciences
Affiliate, Department of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
: "Novel Anti-inflammatory Bioactive Lipids from the CYP epoxygenase Pathway"
: November 22: 9.30 am CST, 10.30 am EST, 7.30 am PST, 9 pm IST
Areas of Research
Research Area 1:
- Mechanism of CYP2J2 epoxygenase enzyme involved in metabolism of omega-3 fatty acids to generate anti-inflammatory cardioprotective lipid metabolites.
- Mechanism of cardiotoxicity of chemotherapeutic drugs mediated by CYP2J2 epoxygenase.
Research Area 2:
- Endocannabinoid metabolism by CYP epoxygenases to generate novel anti-inflammatory endocannabinoid epoxide derivatives that bind to cannabinoid receptors.
Research Area 3:
- Role of Anti-inflammatory lipid metabolites in bone cancer pain in canine Osteosarcoma (collaborator: Prof. Timothy Fan)
Research Area 4:
- Transcriptional control of the anti-inflammatory response of lipid epoxides in macrophages (collaborator: Prof. Saurabh Sinha).